My photo
Newnan, Georgia, United States
I am a yoga student continuously studying, taking workshops and practice, practice, practice.
Currently enrolled in a 230hr Yoga Teacher Training. I hope to share that with you here.
Born & raised in the south along the banks of the Mississippi in Louisiana. Married in 2003 and transplanted to Georgia.
A southern Yogini at heart.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy Friday!


I am so happy it is Friday! :)
Because I am winding down from the week, I am tired and want to sleep in a little this weekend, tonight is mysore class...and I get 2 days off from work. So all this equals a happy Flo.

Last nigth was night. I headed home at 4:30 to pick up my husband and we then headed into Atlanta to go to Food For Thought at World Peace Cafe.
They have it every Thursday. When Denver was picking up our food the other night he noticed what the topic was and thought it would be interesting to go. The topic was "Staying Happy with Unhappy People"
It was a nice low-key event. $15 a person which includes an amazing meal after.
The discussion and guided meditation was very insighful and lead by a Senior Teacher that was very relatable and calming. I really enjoyed the meditation. Denver said he would fall in and out of it pretty quickly but he is going to work on his practice.
After we all gathered in the cafe over pots of tea and an amazing Peto pasta, soup and Denver had a full veggie sandwich. The teacher talked to each of us for a bit and invited us for Sunday Service. I think we might go.
We are still feeling our way through to see if this is something we want to continue with.
We shall see.

Tonight is Mysore practice. I have to admit I've done very little this week. Just fitting in the minimum of 10 sun salutations and the 3 closing postures. My only full practice this week was on Monday. So I am looking forward to tonight's practice and dreading it all at the same time. It will be nice though. I need to get better with keeping up my practice.
All is a work in progress.
Time to get some work done. So back to the grindstone.

1 comment:

13B said...

That sounds so AWESOME (about the Food for Thought)! I wish we had stuff like that here in Nashburg. Shoot, who knows, maybe we do and I don't know about it. Looks like I have to do some research!

It's really a challenge to keep up with an every day practice. Sometimes I just feel too tired.

One day at a time, right?