My photo
Newnan, Georgia, United States
I am a yoga student continuously studying, taking workshops and practice, practice, practice.
Currently enrolled in a 230hr Yoga Teacher Training. I hope to share that with you here.
Born & raised in the south along the banks of the Mississippi in Louisiana. Married in 2003 and transplanted to Georgia.
A southern Yogini at heart.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Basketcase



We already have everything we need. There is no need for self-improvement. All these trips that we lay on ourselves- the heavy-duty fearing that we’re bad and hoping that we’re good, the identities that we so dearly cling to, the rage, the jealousy and the addictions of all kinds—never touch our basic wealth. They are like clouds that temporarily block the sun. But all the time our warmth and brilliance are right here. This is who we really are. We are one blink of an eye away from being fully awake. Looking at ourselves this way is very different from our usual habit. From this perspective we don’t need to change: you can feel as wretched as you like, and you’re still a good candidate for enlightenment. You can feel like the world’s most hopeless basket case, but that feeling is your wealth, not something to be thrown out or improved upon.--Pema Chodron


I really enjoyed reading this today. I could type out a book in regards to the fact that somedays I feel like that hopeless basket case, but it passes now. Before it would linger around like a cloud and would blurr my vision in daily life. I am so glad that cloud can be lifted so easily these days. For me it is a huge change and shift in my life that is wonderful.


I am also listening to my husbands book on CD (I finished Eat, Pray, Love and LOVED it)
So far I am really enjoying it. I have an hour commute to work, from work and about a 45 min. commute to the yoga studio. I spend a lot of time in my VW...so It is a nice change of pace to listen to books on my drive.
This morning I did wake up with a major sinus headache--changes in the weather do this to me.

So I juiced Cucumbers, Celery, Kale & Apples. This is our standard juice. I need to change it up a bit.

Tonight is date night with my husband. I will fit in a light practice at home then hanging out with him :)
You know it one month until my 30th birthday. I've always enjoy celebrating my birthday. I have no clue why. It is a day with lots of history. I am trying 30 this year and very excited for it.
I am working out some details and I might go to Cirque du Soleil with my sister-in-law and husband the Sunday before my birthday and perhaps dinner too; I'd like to go to the World Peace Cafe. That would be a great day with family.
Some things on my wish list (because we always have wish lists huh?)
Laptop Lunch Kit -because I am always brown-bagging it to the office :)
New Jade Yoga Mat (mine is peeling)
Mexican Blanket for my home practice
Zafum Set for home meditation
Books, Books on CD, Yoga clothes or anything handmade :)
These are just wishes. I don't intend to get anything. Going to dinner and Cirque will be plenty.
Okay time to work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder of Pema Chodron's writings, I have one of her books, but have not picked it up in a while, I will now.

Cirque de Soleil is great, I have seen them a couple of times.