My photo
Newnan, Georgia, United States
I am a yoga student continuously studying, taking workshops and practice, practice, practice.
Currently enrolled in a 230hr Yoga Teacher Training. I hope to share that with you here.
Born & raised in the south along the banks of the Mississippi in Louisiana. Married in 2003 and transplanted to Georgia.
A southern Yogini at heart.

Friday, January 2, 2009

Intention & Interruptions


With great intention I woke up this morning, dressed and headed to my yoga space at home. I rolled out my mat, burned some incense and started in on the Primary Series. Only to be interruped during surya namaskara B with phone calls regarding work.
Between putting out fires for work I did get in a semi-decent practice through the standing postures.
Then onto closing. I did not get into Savasana as much as I would have liked.
I am now off to shower and head to the office for a few short hours (while everyone is off today..maybe I can get a few things done)
Tonight I hope to fit in some more asana and seated meditation.

I am reading Meditations from the Mat daily; since we are into a new year.
A piece of todays reading I wanted to share.
"Yoga is the study of balance, and balance is the aim of all living creatures; it is our home."

No comments: