My photo
Newnan, Georgia, United States
I am a yoga student continuously studying, taking workshops and practice, practice, practice.
Currently enrolled in a 230hr Yoga Teacher Training. I hope to share that with you here.
Born & raised in the south along the banks of the Mississippi in Louisiana. Married in 2003 and transplanted to Georgia.
A southern Yogini at heart.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Sore vs. Stiff

So today was a Monday back at work. I have a STACK of files. But instead of staying up late I am going to head to bed in a moment and get up at 5:00 head to work by 6:00 (which means I will be there at 7:00) and hopefully get through the stack of documents I need to!)
I left work and headed to Mysore class tonight. It was SUPER sweaty in the small mysore room at Balance.
It was a good energy and I had a good practice despite being S0ORE...
After the standing and most of the seated postures I was beat up and soaked with sweat (how nice!)
I got thorugh 5 backbends and did pretty well.
At the end of Class I stayed outside on their nice deck. They have a nice seating area. It was 60 degrees outside so it was nice to cool down before putting on a normal non-yoga top.

I have 2 more classes on my pass to Urban Body...
After I talked to Nicole (who is a dear friend and a yoga teacher) she reminded me that even though I am sore I need to continue with my practice and not slack off...because I will become stiff.
Being stiff is MUCH worse than being sore!
Speaking of sore...I felt muscles all day long that I honestly have not felt in a long time. My stomach and sides where that "good kind of ache" and the reminder that my Sunday practice was a good one!

I received in the mail the outline for the week training with Stephanie Keach
I still need to get through the 2 books I have and need to read.
So far the outline for the week is like this:
Wed-Fri
8:30-10:30 Master Class
10:30-12:00 Teacher Training
12:00-2:00 Break
2:00-5:00 Teacher Training
5:00-7:00 Dinner Break
7:00-8:30 Evening Training

Saturday
7:30-:30 Teacher Training
8:30-10:30 Master Class
10:30-1:00 Lunch
1:30-6:00 Teacher Training

Sunday:
8:30 Master Class
10:30-12:30 Teacher Training
12:30-1:00 Graduation

The trip will be fun and a nice workshop learning adjustments and of course 5 days of yoga with a friend away from stress will be amazing!
Not much else. Denver cooked Dinner and I am about to head to bed.
Hugs on a Monday!

1 comment:

13B said...

I totally get the Sore vs. Stiff argument. My arms were SO SORE when I started practice last night, but by the end I felt a little stronger. In the past, I wouldn't practice because I was sore. Now I know better! :)