My photo
Newnan, Georgia, United States
I am a yoga student continuously studying, taking workshops and practice, practice, practice.
Currently enrolled in a 230hr Yoga Teacher Training. I hope to share that with you here.
Born & raised in the south along the banks of the Mississippi in Louisiana. Married in 2003 and transplanted to Georgia.
A southern Yogini at heart.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sciatica & Savasana

What a busy day!
Up at 7:00 and out the door at 8:00. My husband and I were in the car most of the day running errands, grabbing lunch.
It was a good day...just a long day!
When I got home I spent some time with Chai playing and goofing around; she needed some love! She is such a great dog.
Then onto house stuff like vacuuming, empty the dishwasher, fill the dishwasher.
Then I spent some time making Lavender Eye Pillows.


After spending some time being creative it was time to finally get on my mat. My sciatic nerve has been such a pain this week in my left leg.
What better to help than yoga. A few Sun Salutations from Dharma Mittra's series, Dhanura-asana, Cobra, Down Dog. Then I spent a lot of time in Supta Padangusthasana. It helped allievate that pain so much! If only for a few short moments.
After a nice long Savasana I felt awesome. It was much easier to relax using my new Eye Pillow--I had to make one for me too, I always give them away! :)
Then just a few moments in meditation, it was raining pretty heavy and the rain helped me to relax some. I've been using instruction from Dharma Mittra's Maha Sadhana Level I DVD for meditation.

Now I am relaxing and about to work on some gifts for friends.
Tomorrow morning I am heading to 9:30 Mysore class at a new studio--one I hope to get to once a week before work (they offer 6:00am Mysore)
My teacher from the main studio I practice at is going to join me for Mysore then coffee/breakfast.
I only have postures through Navasana memorized...I will wing it from there.
I hope everyone is enjoying a nice Saturday.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

i would love to buy one! they are beautiful~~~

Anonymous said...

I admire people who are so creative.

Flo said...

Tracy- We could do a trade of some sort if you would like? I hate having anyone have to purchase them.

Globie- thank you!

Tracy said...

i don't mind buying one at all...
or i could send you an OM necklace that i bought in india..sterling..
email me
alotusgirl at comcast dot net as my blog just went private..
thanks xo ;0)

Flo said...

Tracy-
Your eye pillow is in the mail!