My photo
Newnan, Georgia, United States
I am a yoga student continuously studying, taking workshops and practice, practice, practice.
Currently enrolled in a 230hr Yoga Teacher Training. I hope to share that with you here.
Born & raised in the south along the banks of the Mississippi in Louisiana. Married in 2003 and transplanted to Georgia.
A southern Yogini at heart.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Dragging

I am so tired. So very tired and not really sure why my sleeping patterns have been screwy lately. Waking up 2-3 times throughout the night.
No fun!
I dragged my tired butt to Led Primary class this morning. I also dragged through my practice. I had a mental note: "You know it is going to be a long practice when your arms are already burning and exhausted by the 3 Sun Salutation" I literally thought this while doing my 3rd Sun Salutation: "So it is going to be one of those practices...it is going to take forever to get through this"
So apprently my body and my mind did not want to practice today. I must be fighting something because I had sweat so much my hair was soaking wet at the end. I know that sounds gross...but it is just a wonderful by-product of a great Ashtanga practice.
So, I obviously needed my practice today. I felt great after; but during my practice it took every ounce of energy to make it through each vinyasa between postures.
But, it was worth it.
After class I headed to Whole Foods to grab some stuff for lunch including a Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie! :)
Then headed home. My husband was working today (due to the freezing temps here many pipes had burst around Atlanta and he had to get his service people invovled)
So I had the house to myself for a bit. I gave Chai a bath, I also took a shower then made Vegan Mock Chicken Salad for our lunches on Monday...what else. I finished sewing a yoga mat bag and some more Lavender Eye Pillows.
Now, I am just relaxing and reading bits and pieces of the texts I need to read for the workshop in April.
Not much else!
I am going into work tomorrow. Just a short day from 9:00 to 4:00 then heading to Mysore class.

The weekends are too short!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Post some photos of the mat bag and eye pillows for us crafty yoginis!

Alin said...

I've been following your blog on Ashtangi Net and am really enjoying it!

I'm curious how you make your mock chicken salad. There are as many recipes as there are cooks and love to hear all the different ways people make it. I'm still in search of a killer recipe for it.

And yes, weekends fly by!

Brooks Hall said...

For someone who's "dragging" you sure do a lot! Be well.