My photo
Newnan, Georgia, United States
I am a yoga student continuously studying, taking workshops and practice, practice, practice.
Currently enrolled in a 230hr Yoga Teacher Training. I hope to share that with you here.
Born & raised in the south along the banks of the Mississippi in Louisiana. Married in 2003 and transplanted to Georgia.
A southern Yogini at heart.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Sri K. Pattabhi Jois

I received notification today from Miami LIfe Center that Sri K. Pattabhi Jois passed.

Early this morning we got news that Guruji, Sri K. Pattabhi Jois, has passed. His presence has touched the lives of countless people all around the world. We are lucky to have met him and to consider him our teacher.


I never had the honor to practice in his presence.
We did travel to Islamorada last year, but he fell ill and was not able to travel.
Tonight I will dedicate an Ashtanga practice to him. He was and will continue to be such a huge part of the yoga community.
Om shanti shanti shanti.

No comments: