My photo
Newnan, Georgia, United States
I am a yoga student continuously studying, taking workshops and practice, practice, practice.
Currently enrolled in a 230hr Yoga Teacher Training. I hope to share that with you here.
Born & raised in the south along the banks of the Mississippi in Louisiana. Married in 2003 and transplanted to Georgia.
A southern Yogini at heart.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Seeds of Understanding

I am chewing on this for today. I think it applies to my Dharma practice and my Asana Practice...these two things I try to merge.

The gentle spring rain permeates the soil of my soul.
A seed that has lain deeply in th heart for many years just smiles.

Allow the rain of the Dharma to come in and penetrate the seeds that are buried deep in your consciousness. A teacher can not give you the truth. The truth is already in you.
You only need to open yourself--body, mind and heart--so that his or her teachings will penetrate your own seeds of understanding and enlightenment. If you let the words enter you, the soil and the seeds will do the rest of the work.

From The Heart of Buddha's Teaching- Thich Nhat Hanh


Shrine at the Georgia Buddhist Vihara I attend. It is very large and so beautiful.


2 comments:

Eco Yogini said...

beautiful.
thank you for the reminder :)

Anonymous said...

May all beings be happy.
May all beings share my peace.
May all beings be peaceful.
May all beings share my Dhamma.
May all beings be liberated.