My photo
Newnan, Georgia, United States
I am a yoga student continuously studying, taking workshops and practice, practice, practice.
Currently enrolled in a 230hr Yoga Teacher Training. I hope to share that with you here.
Born & raised in the south along the banks of the Mississippi in Louisiana. Married in 2003 and transplanted to Georgia.
A southern Yogini at heart.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

"The Master Sticks to her Tools"- Laz-Tzu

Reading: Meditations from the Mat by Rolf Gates
For fellow southern yoga students; Rolf is doing a teacher training program in Athens, Ga this year.
I can't swing that financially this year. But click here if you are interested.

After my practice this morning I took some time to read a little from Meditations from the mat.
I wanted to share a small piece with you:
"By choosing to practice yoga, we are saying that our spiritual growth is important to us. We are making it a priority. Our practice is a shelter we build for our spiritual selves. It is the work that we do to safeguard and support the possibility of spiritual growth. The winds of life constantly wear away at this shelter, but if we stick to our tools, the shelter will hold."

"Making it a priority" I have to repeat that to myself. I hit snooze once this morning, then almost decided to stay in bed. But with my work schedule there is no way I could fit it in this evening (without neglecting my husband). So getting up an hour earlier shouldn't be that bad. I need to make it a priority. My spiritual growth and well being is a priority.

My practice this morning was very slow going. Sun Salutations were even difficult for my hamstrings. It could also be the cold & my body was stiff. So I got my way through sun salutations and onto some seated postures then closing. It wasn't a long practice but by the end I felt more "bendy". Then meditation and onto my shower.
Short practice in all.
Today will be busy but hopefully a good day. I have homemade vegetarian Chili for lunch! YUM.
Hope you have a blessed day.

1 comment:

my name is: Sage said...

Keep up the amazing work! I am so proud of you :)