My photo
Newnan, Georgia, United States
I am a yoga student continuously studying, taking workshops and practice, practice, practice.
Currently enrolled in a 230hr Yoga Teacher Training. I hope to share that with you here.
Born & raised in the south along the banks of the Mississippi in Louisiana. Married in 2003 and transplanted to Georgia.
A southern Yogini at heart.

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Heart of Yoga

Friday was my day off from asana. I had a lot of things to take care of and a company party that was a good drive from home.
Today I did some asana and reading. But that was after our busy day!

Running around the city.

I did pick up a new book while we were out. Another great addition to the yoga library. The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice



It was on Stephanie Keach's website so I decided to pick it up while at B&N.

My friend mentioned Stephanie to me a few times when we've talked. I remember seeing a flyer for one of her workshops last year.

After talking to my yoga teacher about it this week, I realized where I saw the flyer. Apparently Stephanie was scheduled to do a workshop at Balance last year but her flight was delayed and the workshop was cancelled. I believe it was when we were in Florida last year to practice with Pattabhi Jois- but he fell ill.

After talking to my friend about Stephanie I've continued to do some reading and I think I might plan to attend her Vinyasa Flow Yoga Teacher Training and Certification in April. This is a good way to just get my feet wet with learning adjustments and also helping my own asana practice. It is a good price and I hope hope hope my friend can attend as well.
This is totally budget friendly trip I could do in 2009. I am really thinking this would be a nice 5 day yoga get away.


Back to my practice; tomorrow I am heading to Primary Class and then to lunch with a friend. It should be a good day in all. I am getting kind of sleepy. We put another log on the fire, I might read then head off to bed.

Have a wonderful night!

1 comment:

ACH said...

Hi there! I just found your blog, and I love it :) I'm finishing up my yoga certification right now. I love "The Heart of Yoga"--it's a great resource, and I find myself turning back to it again and again!