My photo
Newnan, Georgia, United States
I am a yoga student continuously studying, taking workshops and practice, practice, practice.
Currently enrolled in a 230hr Yoga Teacher Training. I hope to share that with you here.
Born & raised in the south along the banks of the Mississippi in Louisiana. Married in 2003 and transplanted to Georgia.
A southern Yogini at heart.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Yoga Happenings in Atlanta this weekend!

This weekend is jammed full of yoga-related events in Atlanta. I would love to attend each event; however with finances and with my teacher training I must refrain from spending money. :(
However, if you can go to any of these following events I highly encourage it! Wonderful teachers, studios and a great yoga community building in the Metro-Atlanta area!


Click on the photos for links to the events.
Arm balances, inversions and core power with KATHRYN BUDIG At Balance Yoga Atlanta. A great local yoga studio run by some awesome yogis. In a fun environment you will play with arm balances & inversions. This sounds like a really fun workshop and I've heard wonderful things about Kathryn.


The Atlanta Yoga Conference is this weekend. I've gone 2 years in a row and have enjoyed myself each time. This year they've upped the event a bit more to include more yoga-related shopping and food during your lunch break. So many wonderful local teachers. Go out and support the Atlanta Yoga Community!


Srivatsa Ramaswami will be doing a weekend event in Atlanta. Including the following: Vinyasakrama Yoga practice & Basic Tenets of Yoga Sutras, Varied Teachings of Krishnamacharya and Essentials of Vinyasakrama Yoga & Yoga for the Internal Organs . I've heard amazing things in regards to this teacher and after all Srivatsa Ramaswami is the longest standing student of the legendary Shri T. Krishnamacharya, outside of the teacher's immediate family. I hope I am not missing out on the only opportunity to practice with such a teacher. If I wasn't being extremly careful with my budget I would fork over the $215 for the entire weekend. Since I can't perhaps youw will?
If you go to any these events report back!? :)
I would love to hear all about your experience.

2 comments:

Marie said...

I wish I could go to those too! Unfortunately, it's the hubby's last weekend in the States before he heads back to Kuwait for another 3 months :( On the bright side, I did start my own blog if you're interested. It's called Girl Meets Mat and here's the link: http://girlmeetsmat.blogspot.com/. I am wide open to any suggestions :)

Rachel said...

They all sound wonderful!

Ramaswami (who obviously trained with Desikachar who is my *guy*) is coming to the UK next summer and I am sooo excited :)

Take care :)