My photo
Newnan, Georgia, United States
I am a yoga student continuously studying, taking workshops and practice, practice, practice.
Currently enrolled in a 230hr Yoga Teacher Training. I hope to share that with you here.
Born & raised in the south along the banks of the Mississippi in Louisiana. Married in 2003 and transplanted to Georgia.
A southern Yogini at heart.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Experience yourself in stillness

"Where there is great doubt, there will be great awakening; small doubt, small awakening; no doubt, no awakening." ZenProverb

That inspires me-I've had so many doubts in my practice recently and fighting my internal "voice...teacher...guidance"
Accepting, relaxing, and being in it..in the present is very rewarding. It is becoming a sweet time in my day. To get on my mat even if it is a few moments of mediation or a few sun salutations. This gives me the guideance to carry that calm and acceptance throughout my day.

It is the glue tbinds me to this moment. In Deep Claity and love.

A quick quote from the book I am reading "The Spirit and the Pracitce of moing into Stillness" by Erich Schiffman.
Yep...I am still reading it :)
Here are a few lines that I really enjoyed:

"Yoga will make you sensitive to the stillness, the presence, the hush, the peace of God. This deep inner stillness is at the core of your being. It is the ground, the joy of your being. The radiant peace you'll experience is what happens naturally when the creative energy of God is allwoed to flow through you unobstructed. "

"You can actually bring the suppleness of youth back into yoru life and be more flexible, durable, and stronger than you were as a child. You can learn to focus your physical and mental energy more effectively and thereby be more vital, creative, and efficient in all your activies."

"As you free your body and become more flexible, you not only restore lost movement, you actually erase all the tensions and internal conflicts that would otherwise accumulate and eventually erupt as pain. The more flexible you are, the harder it is for pain to lodge in your body"

"When you experience yourself in stillness and feel the peace within you, you will come upon a new awareness of who you are."


I love all of these. This book is very insightful and relaxing to read. I am enjoying it so far. The next chapter is on Asana then meditation.
It is part of my Teacher Training and one of the first books to read; outside of Light on Yoga, The Heart of Yoga and Stephanie Keach's Yoga Handbook. I've gotten through those and now onto this one. After this book I move onto the Bhagavad Gita.

This weekend has been relaxing. I cleaned the house. We watched movies. And today I cleaned out my clothes!!!
I have 5 trash bags full! Going to drop them off this week. I can now see my clothing clearly in the closet and in my drawers.
Next week will be the hall closet. Next....the Kitchen!
But getting through all those clothes I never wear was refreshing! I kept only things I've worn in the last year and kept some winter clothes.

This week will be busy. Next weekend we are headed back to the race track. Denver is back riding in Alabama.
Okay..Have a great week!

No comments: