My photo
Newnan, Georgia, United States
I am a yoga student continuously studying, taking workshops and practice, practice, practice.
Currently enrolled in a 230hr Yoga Teacher Training. I hope to share that with you here.
Born & raised in the south along the banks of the Mississippi in Louisiana. Married in 2003 and transplanted to Georgia.
A southern Yogini at heart.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Patterns

So I got up this morning and practiced!!! I can't believe it...wait yes I can because it was so hard! My alarm went off at 4:45 and I finally got on my mat at 5:00.
I was in no mood for it but as I read in my training packet it takes 2-3 weeks to set a new “pattern” so stick with it. I keep repeating that trying to ease my discomfort.

Speaking of training. I received my training materials in the mail!! Which means it is official. It is going to happen. I paid the deposit for my lodging and already have homework to complete before the first weekend. Lots of reading, evaluating a few yoga classes, keeping up a daily asana and meditation practice and a bunch of other things as well.

Along with some suggestions such as cutting out caffeine and alcohol and other items from your lifestyle in order to live off of your own vital energy.

I liked the sentence she said: “this is not an attempt to cause you suffering. It is an attempt to help you survive on your own vital energy and how to work with that. Maybe for the very first time.”

I have no issue cutting out Alcohol. I can't even tell you the last time I had an alcoholic beverage. However, the caffeine is the issue. It is such a vice for me. Something I know I need to overcome because it only contributes to this monkey mind that keeps me in a tailspin. But breaking habits are sometimes difficult, painful and needed. :) Wish me luck on that one.

Work today has been a test…the whole day. I am on some weird emotional plane today. Very sensitive and easily stressed out and I don’t like that one bit!

I got a call that the gym is shut down due to a water main break. So no teaching tonight. I was looking forward to it.

Instead I am going to go home and practice and just unwind on my mat. Denver is going to meditation but I am going to skip it. I am feeling so emotional I think I should practice and meditate at home. Then curl up with a book and dinner.

Sounds much more calming for me. He understands too.:)

Well much more to do at the office then I am heading out.

How is your week so far?

No comments: