My photo
Newnan, Georgia, United States
I am a yoga student continuously studying, taking workshops and practice, practice, practice.
Currently enrolled in a 230hr Yoga Teacher Training. I hope to share that with you here.
Born & raised in the south along the banks of the Mississippi in Louisiana. Married in 2003 and transplanted to Georgia.
A southern Yogini at heart.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dig Deep

This week has been nuts-o at work. Good stuff; just busy. So I am taking a few moments while Chai is snoring...to update.
I need to get to bed soon though.

Nicole & I had a lot of fun. On Saturday we went to ICE, meet friends for dinner at Green Sprout & then to see Elighten Up!

Sunday we went to meditation and then headed towards Chattanooga. The drive there was super nice and once we got into town, we went straight to Country Life which is a vegetarian restaurant run by Seventh Day Adventists. The food was massive and the people were so nice.
I have to say besides the food and Stephanie...I have no reason to return to Chattanooga. Nicole & I just kept saying that the place was...well kind of dead and not really my taste.

Class was wonderful. Nicole & I got there early and were up front. I was able to say hi to Stephanie before class. She gave me a hug and I can't tell you the amount of inspiration and happiness that comes over me when I practice with her.
The class was fun and Nicole & I got to partner up for some Forearm stand fun.

After that we headed over the local park to eat our left overs from Countrylife. It was great to hang out with Nicole.

Monday Chai & I had to say good-bye. And let me tell you...I've NEVER seen my dog attached to someone like she was with Nicole. She literally laid down on her feet when Nicole was trying to get out the door.
So after seeing Nicole off to the windy city it was back to work.

Here are some photos of the weekend:


A little yoga break on our road trip



Nicole is awesomeness!




Stephanie & I

So the work week has been intense and productive. I've worked late a lot this week; but I am blessed to still be employed and do what I can everyday.
I am also lucky because I just finalized everything for Teacher Training in Asheville in October of this year!!!!!
I am so grateful! I just need to finalize everything with my lodging. I have verbally booked my room at the same house I stayed at before. She was so happy that I decided to do the training and said I was a good renter for the 5 day workshop.
People.........I can't believe I am really doing this! Really!

Now I have 8 books to read and absorb over the next 4 months before training.

I am also making a plan and sticking it to it. In hopes that the routine becomes the ground work for a new lifestyle.
I went to the grocery today and purchase a lot of raw and fresh veggies and fruit. I am going to do my best to eat fresh foods. Juicing as well. I am going to work towards avoiding frozen and pre-packaged foods. Of course it will be a transition. But it is a goal.
I am also trying to get up 1 hour earlier than I am now. This way I can spend a little time with Chai and walk her. Then do a 45 min. Asana practice and 20 min meditation/pranayama.
Which this means I need to get my butt in bed at a decent time!

These are my intentions. I will see how well I can cultivate a new mindset and routine. I feel that this routine will help best keep me grounded and focused on my studies. I don't want to become complacent and procrastinate! Which in the past I've been known to do.
Denver is fully supporting me in this and I know I can call Nicole if I feel stuck or unmotivated.
Also, Stephanie has corresponded with me via email so far and has helped me with a few questions I've raised. I am so incredibly grateful for all of this.

So before I head to bed I wanted to share a part of what I read of the yoga sutras today:
32. The practice of concentration on a single subject is the best way to prevent the obstacles and there accompaniments.
And a brief elaboration:
We should not keep changing our object of concentration. When we decide on one thing, stick to it whatever happens. There's no value in digging shallow wells in a hundred places. Decide on one place and dig deep. Even if you encournter a rock, use dynamite and keep going down. If you leave that to dig another well, all the first effort is wasted and there is no proof you wont hit rock again.

For me this rings so incredibly true. If you read my journal/blog or if you know me...you know I've jumped around from style to style and place to place. But it is time to settle in and dig down deep. There is much more to the translation of this one sutra. You can read more if you would like: Yoga Sutras of Ptanjali. Sri Swami Satchidananda Translation.

Okay off to bed!

No comments: