My photo
Newnan, Georgia, United States
I am a yoga student continuously studying, taking workshops and practice, practice, practice.
Currently enrolled in a 230hr Yoga Teacher Training. I hope to share that with you here.
Born & raised in the south along the banks of the Mississippi in Louisiana. Married in 2003 and transplanted to Georgia.
A southern Yogini at heart.

Monday, November 9, 2009

ॐ Practice ॐ

This weekend was nice. Lots of reading for my teacher training. I finished Erich Schiffmann's book and I am reading part 1 & 2 of the Yoga Sutras by Sri Swami Satchidananda.
Plus starting my outlines for several papers I have to write. Which I haven't written papers in sooo long.

Practice wise; things are moving along. Today I missed going to morning mysore practice at Balance. Instead I did a home practice. Only 1/2 primary series (as I over slept)
Tonight I am teaching a vinyasa flow class at 6:30 at Lotus.
I believe the classes are going to pick up. The businesses on the "square" which is where the studio is located; we all had a Holiday open house. They do this every year. Mind you the "Square" is about 6-7 blocks of businesses. So, I printed out about 30-40 flyers of our schedule and "Your first class is free" coupons. I believe we ended up giving all of them out.
Lots of couples came in to. Makes me consider doing a partner yoga workshop one day.

Anyway, lots to do!
I head back to Asheville on Friday for weekend 2 of Teacher Training and I can not wait to be back in the yoga bubble!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to know how you're making those OM symbols!!! Do share! :)

Flo said...

Terra- I just copy and past them :) I don't know the html code sorry :(

Anonymous said...

No worries! I'll just copy and paste too! :)