My photo
Newnan, Georgia, United States
I am a yoga student continuously studying, taking workshops and practice, practice, practice.
Currently enrolled in a 230hr Yoga Teacher Training. I hope to share that with you here.
Born & raised in the south along the banks of the Mississippi in Louisiana. Married in 2003 and transplanted to Georgia.
A southern Yogini at heart.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Yoga Teacher Training- Weekend 1

Well this weekend was the 1st weekend of the 9 month Yoga Teacher Training in Asheville.
It was...well amazing. I could go into detail about each workshop and everything that took place; but I seriously doubt any of my descriptions would really portray how truly amazing the whole weekend was.

The weather was cold but not so harsh you couldn't enjoy how beautiful Ahseville was. I had a really awesome roommate- who I believe I will be rooming with for the remainder of the training.
There were several asana clinics and I learned a lot about yin, anatomy, adjustments, & 8 limbs of yoga according to Patanjali. We did a lot of seated meditation as well as journaling about the meditations.

We went over our papers and reports that are due during the training. The reading list is endless. :)
It was wonderful to see my teacher Stephanie. She was the first face I saw when I walked into the Yoga Center. She got up and gave me the warmest hug and I knew at that very moment this was where I needed to be for my training.
Shala taught a great hip opener class. I heard a lot of wonderful things about Shala and her classes; she is such a calm and kind teacher. She also lead us through the meditations on Saturday.
I could keep going but that may bore you. I am just so happy...and it was weekend one! I have a lot of work to do for the training. Including daily asana & meditation practice (we must journal about them as well to turn in at the end of the training) plus I have to evaluate 1 yoga class between each weekend. It must different levels and different teachers.
Looks like I need to start searching out the local schedules! :)

Regarding my job; granted I had some added stress from work this weekend due to, trining part of the week in North Ga. then my computer crashing Thursday night before I was supposed to head to Asheville.
That did add some additional stress.

I am doing the best I can with my new job. Trying to learn the system and also get quick at everything. It is a challenge but one I think I can overcome. I am liking it so far; I just want to get faster and more productive!
Luckily I am working from home; which allows me to work longer hours and not get as irritated. I can get up and walk Chai, stretch a bit, make lunch. I am putting in a lot of hours; but the breaks keep it manageable for sure!
Plus who wouldn't love to work in Yoga pants all day?

Okay--off to bed!

1 comment:

Eco Yogini said...

yay!! I'm so glad you had a fantastic weekend :)
Can't wait to hear more as it unfolds!