My photo
Newnan, Georgia, United States
I am a yoga student continuously studying, taking workshops and practice, practice, practice.
Currently enrolled in a 230hr Yoga Teacher Training. I hope to share that with you here.
Born & raised in the south along the banks of the Mississippi in Louisiana. Married in 2003 and transplanted to Georgia.
A southern Yogini at heart.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Finding the Flow

Read this today on Rusty Wells website. It really makes sense to me and my personal practice:


Q: How has your own practice evolved?
A: The systems that I've practiced in the past have had me working in a very linear, flat way. This has been great for strength and flexibility, but I find that my body enjoys rippling a little bit more. So I'm letting my whole form become more fluid, letting it really become a flow as I find the undulation and awakening of the spine. I like the dynamic flows of a Sun Salutation or the Primary Series, but if it's all about strength and predictability, we might miss out on being fully present. When you know what's going to happen, it's easy to switch to automatic. Finding the flow also helps find areas that we are neglecting-usually there is something beautiful waiting to happen.


No comments: