My photo
Newnan, Georgia, United States
I am a yoga student continuously studying, taking workshops and practice, practice, practice.
Currently enrolled in a 230hr Yoga Teacher Training. I hope to share that with you here.
Born & raised in the south along the banks of the Mississippi in Louisiana. Married in 2003 and transplanted to Georgia.
A southern Yogini at heart.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Finally back on my mat

Mysore practice....after a week off!
Today I made it to the studio for practice; I haven't done a full practice in well over a week due to this cold. Today I felt ready. I had a few coughs and just a few times I had to slow down to remember how to breathe out of my nose...since I haven't been able to do that in a week as well!
The treat was that there were two teachers today; and a larger group of mysore students. So that was a nice surprise. Another suprise was that even though I haven't practiced the full series in over a week; I didn't loose too much ground. My body opened back up pretty quickly. My jump back/throughs were a bit rusty- but they are still works in progress :)
But the main asanas were not incredibly difficult. I was able to bind on both sides of Marichyasana D (with help from my teacher of course) and dropbacks were okay; a little intense today. But my teacher said she made me work a little harder with them than normal. :)
Felt great to practice; and so many familiar kind faces in the room.
Also practicing with the windows open and it 80 degrees outside is pretty darn nice! At the end of practice I felt better; able to breathe better too!

Being sick this last week was a reminder how attached I am to the physical practice of Yoga, and a reminder that there is much more to the "practice" than just asana.

3 comments:

P90X Results said...

I think Yoga is one of the best exercise for our health. By this exercise you can healthy and fit. I’m doing Yoga every morning, it gives me so much energy and concentrativeness for the whole day. It's such a good therapy for us.

Pilates Mat dvd said...

Keep up the good work chica! I know it's tough, but you are such a motivated person and optimistic!:) I like reading your blogs, they keep me going when I feel like I can't go on anymore. Thanks for the posts;)

Jennifer Kries said...

Keep up the good work chica! I know it's tough, but you are such a motivated person and optimistic!:) I like reading your blogs, they keep me going when I feel like I can't go on anymore. Thanks for the posts;)